24 November 2020
12:30 PM - 1:45 PM | Effective Influencing Through Personality Lens
This practical session will focus on the important component of influencing which is how to lead diverse personalities by deepening the understanding of your own personality first. The session will also build on the research data to explore the legal leaders’ common current strengths and areas for development and will use the Lumina Spark personality model to create practical tips on how to adapt and communicate more effectively.
Alex Lazarus, CEO, Leadership Team Coach & Behaviour Change Scientist, Lazarus & Maverick
25 November 2020
10:00 AM - 11:15 AM | Making Impact as a Leader in the Distributed World
Leaders have always been responsible for strategic direction and realising the potential of people, processes and ideas. Today, the role of the leader is being stretched into areas where most of us have never had to perform. To really contribute and influence in this environment of constant change, you need to find ways to adapt and grow with empathy and pace. Come ready to get practical and interactive.
During this session, we will cover:
- What affects your ability to be balanced, flexible and impactful as a leader
- How to be purposeful, resilient and influential in your relationships with peers, stakeholders and your teams
- How to practice Self Leadership so you are able to be there for others
Michelle Elstein, Corporate Energiser and Executive Coach, Courageous Co.
3:30 PM - 4:45 PM | Beyond Legal: Human Centred Skills for In-house Lawyers
Bjarne Tellmann general counsel at GSK Consumer Healthcare and author of Building An Outstanding Legal Team along with Catherine McGregor, consultant and author of Business Thinking in practice for in-House Counsel will consider practical steps to develop some of the non- legal skills needed in modern legal departments.
Topics covered include how to practically change culture; thinking of yourself as a T-shaped lawyer and beyond; developing human centred skills fundamental to business.
This session will be a mix of fireside chat, group discussion and a few interactive exercises.
Bjarne Tellman, SVP & General Counsel, GSK Consumer Healthcare
Catherine McGregor, GLL Ambassador and Author of ‘Business Thinking in Practice for In-House Counsel’
27 November 2020
10:00 AM - 11:15 AM | How Can GCs Successfully Navigate the Current Risk Landscape?
As a GC looking out across the current risk landscape, what changes do you see in your business? What proactive steps can you take to monitor the impact of these changes and address the associated risks?
In this session, practitioners from Kroll and Duff & Phelps will share insights and experiences of how the risk landscape is changing for GCs. Common questions the panel has been helping GCs address include:
- Is the business heading towards financial stress or distress?
- What regulatory changes are coming into effect?
- Are there any restructuring requirements/opportunities?
- Is our legal entity structure still fit for purpose and appropriately governed?
- How can we proactively detect and monitor fraud and other risks?
- What options are available to us as stakeholders in contentious insolvency situations?
- Do we need to consider the impact of current changes on the reputation of the business?
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM | Topic TBC
Noah Askin, Assistant Professor of Organisational Behaviour, INSEAD