In recent years we have seen an influx in GCs looking to diversify their outside counsel roster which has presented law firms with the challenge of not just diversifying but also standing out amongst a crowded field of firms trying similar tactics. How do lawyers and law firms stand out? How are GCs actively giving and taking away work in efforts to improve diversity?
This session will bring together General Counsels and diversity experts to cover:
- How GCs are actively looking to reapportion their outside counsel spend?
- What stands out to GCs when hiring new counsel?
- How are law firms promoting their diversity efforts and what has the in-house response been?
- How have law firms and individual attorneys successfully pitched for new work?
- How are GCs diversifying their own ranks?
- How are they using data to make decisions?
Annette Bernstein - Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, AIG
James Chosy - Executive Vice President and General Counsel, US Bank
Mitch Zuklie - Chairman & CEO, Orrick
Leila Hock - Senior Manager, Legal Department Partnerships and Inclusion Initiatives, Diversity Lab