Some organizations retain a ‘preserve everything’ mentality because they don’t understand the consequences and/or value of defensibly disposing of data. Additionally, the movement of critical corporate data raises security and data protection concerns.
In this session, we will cover preservation best practices such as:
• The dangers of forgotten data
• Legacy data preservation options
• Addressing international factors
• How to defensibly delete data and establish a retention policy in the absence of one
• Technical considerations to vet with IT
• Considerations when moving data due to M&A or to a new archiving or e-Discovery vendor