Dr. Jaffe, a San Francisco-based advisor to families about family business, governance, wealth and philanthropy, completed the working papers
• Social Impact in 100-Year Family Enterprises,
• Resilience of 100-Year Family Enterprises,
• Governing the Family Enterprise: Evolution of Family Councils, Assemblies and Constitutions,
• Releasing the Potential of the Rising Generation, and
• Good Fortune: Building a Hundred Year Family Enterprise.
All are published by Wise Counsel Research, based on his current research with global multi-generational family enterprises.
He is author (or co-author) of Cross Cultures: How Global Families Negotiate Change Across Generations; Stewardship in your Family Enterprise: Developing Responsible Family Leadership Across Generations, and Working With the Ones You Love, as well as management books Rekindling Commitment, Getting Your Organization to Change and Take this Work and Love It. His global insights have led to teaching or consulting engagements in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and Latin America. The Family Firm Institute recently awarded him the 2017 International Award for service, and in 2005 he received the Beckhard Award for service to the field. He has a BA degree in Philosophy, MA in Management, and Ph.D. in sociology, all from Yale University, and is professor emeritus of organizational systems and psychology at Saybrook University in San Francisco.