Partner, MinterEllison (Australia)
I have been advising companies and investors on Australian, UK and European cross border investment, mergers and acquisitions and securities law matters for nearly 20 years.
From MinterEllison’s London office I focus on assisting clients with Australian law advice provided during the European business day. With our teams in Australia this allows me to provide a seamless advisory service.
My long standing experience of the London and European markets enables me to help our clients navigate the different legal systems and market practices that often arise in multi-jurisdiction transactions.
- Advising Flight Centre Travel Group Limited, an ASX 50 Company, on its acquisition of Top Deck Tours Limited, a package tour travel business with operations across Europe, the USA, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand.
- Advising iGas Energy plc in relation to its acquisition by way of scheme of arrangement of Dart Energy Limited an Australian non-conventional oil and gas producer with interest in Australia and Europe.
- Advising Cromwell Property Corporation on the acquisition of Valad Europe, a pan-European real estate asset management platform from Blackstone Real Estate Partners IV.
- Advising World Fuel Systems Inc on the Australia aspects of its acquisition of the airport refuelling business of Exxon Mobil, in Australia this involves the acquisition and transfer of 17 separate airport sites.
- Board member of the Australia- United Kingdom Chamber of Commerce
- Legal500 2010, M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £250m+. Singled out by clients for his “helpful and responsive” approach.
- Legal500 2011, Private Equity. The ‘responsive and practical’ Michael Wallin is the ‘ideal lead counsel for a cross-border transaction’