Most banks invest in monetizable tax credits for various reasons including regulatory requirements, managing effective tax rates, receiving a better return for cash on hand, and ESG considerations. Over the years these efforts have grown, and it is not uncommon to see banks investing hundreds of millions if not more than a billion dollars a year into tax credits. On this panel we will walkthrough:
- What credits are you already entitled to that you should be claiming?
- What credits/incentives are available for you to negotiate?
- How should you be thinking about state tax credits?
- What are some of the key differences between LIHTC, solar, wind, and the other credits that are commonly monetized?
- How should you evaluate an investment to determine if it is right for you?
- Michael Bernier: Partner, Financial Services, Indirect Tax, Ernst & Young LLP
- Gopika Parikh: Managing Director, Financial Services, Indirect Tax, Ernst & Young LLP