This session will provide an overview of federal income tax issues and recent developments of significant interest to small and mid-sized banks. Topics to be discussed include an overview of the CARES Act provisions and other COVID-19-related developments of particular interest to community banks, an overview of the BOLI reportable policy sale regulations and their potential impact on common bank acquisition structures and other technical developments. All topics will be presented from a community banking perspective by practitioners who serve this market extensively.
This session will:
- Provide a comprehensive, up-to-date summary of federal tax issues of interest to community banks
- Address cutting-edge federal tax developments from a community banking perspective
- Summarize the recently-issued BOLI reportable policy sale regulations and how they may impact common community bank acquisition structures
- David Thornton, Partner - Crowe
- Colleen Delger, CPA, Vice President & Tax Manager - Banner Bank
- Kevin Powers, Tax Partner - Crowe